Looking to get beautiful eyes naturally? These homemade beauty tips will help you achieve just that! By following these simple steps, you can make your eyes look brighter, wider and more awake. So why wait any longer? Start implementing these tips today and see the difference for yourself!
There are a few things that you can do to help improve the appearance of your eyes without having to resort to expensive treatments or products. Here are some simple tips that you can follow:
1. Use a good quality eyeliner to define your eyes. When choosing an eyeliner, opt for one that is black or navy in color. As you are applying your eyeliner, keep in mind that your goal is to define the lash line, but not to over-do it. Line the top lash line of both eyes. When lining the lower lash line, start by applying a little color just below the iris and gradually work your way down until you have reached the inner corner of the eye.
Now use a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to remove any mistakes you might have made. Make sure that your eyeliner is waterproof as this will allow it to stay on longer and protect your eyes from tears or water that may be present during a shower.
2. Use a white eyeliner pencil on your lower lash line. White eyeliner will help open up the eyes and make them seem larger. All you have to do is apply it in a thin line and be careful not to overdo it as this could potentially ruin your look.
3. Try using an eye primer prior to applying your makeup each morning. Eye primers are not expensive, so it is worth the few extra dollars you will spend to purchase one. Using an eye primer will help your eyeshadow last longer and subsequently prevent any unwanted creases from occurring in the eyelid area. Not only does this solution help to keep your makeup in place, it can also reduce or eliminate oil on the eyelids, which may cause your eyeshadow to fade over time.
4. Curl your lashes before applying mascara. This will help give your lashes a fuller and more voluminous appearance. You can use an eyelash curler that is plastic or metal, but be careful not to pinch your eyelid as you are curling your lashes. If you have never used an eyelash curler before, it is best to practice a few times on either your arm or hand until you get the hang of it.
5. Use a waterproof mascara. Not only will this help your lashes look fuller and longer, but it will also protect them from tears or water that may be present during a shower.
6. Avoid wearing too much black eye makeup. While this might seem like a good idea, it will only serve to make your eyes look smaller and recede into the background. Instead, opt for lighter colors such as gray or brown that will give you a more radiant appearance.
7. Avoid using eyeliner on your lower lash line. Doing so will cause your eyes to appear smaller and less open. However, many people do opt for this look and if you choose to wear eyeliner on the lower lash line, just be sure that you apply it gradually in order to avoid drawing too much attention to your peepers.
8. Use a cotton swab dipped in eye-makeup remover to clean up any errors. This can be a lifesaver if you happen to make a mistake when applying your eye makeup and will help prevent eye irritation while giving your lashes a more defined look.
9. Keep some cucumber slices or cool tea bags nearby in the event that you experience redness around the eyes after wearing your contact lenses all day. This can be dangerous because it can cause you to suffer from styes on your eyelids, which may lead to an infection if not treated immediately.
10. Use a moisturizer that has SPF 15 or higher to protect the skin around your eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays. You can even choose an eye cream with SPF to provide you with additional protection. If possible, avoid wearing sunglasses that do not have UV ray protection or else your eyes could suffer from long-term damage if exposed for extended periods of time.
11. Use an eyelash curler prior to applying your mascara in order to give your lashes a more defined appearance. An eyelash curler helps lift your lashes and set them in place. You can use a metal curler for this purpose, but be cautious when using one so you do not pinch yourself in the process.
12. Use an eyebrow gel to keep unruly eyebrows in check. An eyebrow gel will help keep unibrows in line while adding color to sparse areas that may need a bit of help.
13. If you suffer from dark circles under your eyes, try using a concealer that is one shade lighter than your natural skin tone. Apply it in a triangular shape below your eyes and then blend it in with your fingertips for a more natural look.
14. When applying eye shadow, start with the lightest color and work your way up to the darkest color. This will help you avoid any harsh lines or streaks and will give you a more polished appearance.
15. If you wear contact lenses, be sure to remove them before going to bed in order to allow your eyes to rest and rejuvenate. Sleeping in your contacts can cause a number of problems, including irritation and infection.
16. Use an eyeshadow primer to help your makeup last longer throughout the day. You can apply it beneath your eye shadow in order to ensure that it doesn’t fade or smudge as the day progresses.
17. Avoid wearing too much eyeliner because doing so will make your eyes look smaller. If you do choose to wear eyeliner, make sure that it is a neutral color in order to avoid drawing too much attention.
18. Apply a coat of mascara prior to applying false lashes in order to ensure a more secure fit and prevent the false lashes from falling off during the day.
19. Use your fingertip when applying blush to your cheeks in order to create a more natural look. Applying blush with a brush can often result in streaks or an unnatural appearance.
20. If you have redness or blemishes around your eyes, try using a green concealer to cancel out the redness. This will help to disguise any imperfections and give you a more polished appearance.