Scalp health is not something that many people think about, but it is actually very important. Your scalp is the foundation of your hair and if it is not healthy, your hair will not be healthy either. Here are a few ways that you can naturally keep your scalp healthy:
1. Keep your scalp hydrated by using a humectant in the winter. Humidifiers are great for winter, but you can also use a product that will moisturize your scalp naturally. At EarthTurns products, our Scalp Fix Oil contains jojoba oil which is known to be close to the natural sebum oils produced by your scalp. Sebum oil is very helpful in retaining moisture and keeping the scalp healthy.
2. Use a scalp scrub to exfoliate your scalp and help remove any built-up oils or dead skin cells. This is also a great way to promote hair growth. We offer a great scalp scrub called Dirt Fix that uses volcanic pumice to exfoliate the scalp and remove any build up of products or residue.
3. Treat your scalp to a gentle steam treatment weekly. Steaming is extremely therapeutic for the hair and scalp, especially if you are suffering from itchy and flaky scalp conditions such as dandruff. It also helps encourage blood flow which can promote healthy hair growth and help your current hair stay moisturized. We offer a variety of steamers to choose from that also add in aromatherapy scents for added benefits.
4. Rinse with apple cider vinegar after shampooing and conditioning your hair. This is a great way to remove any product build up or residue, while also helping cleanse the scalp thoroughly. Rinsing with ACV can also help to balance the pH of your scalp and hair, which is important for keeping it healthy.
5. Use a natural shampoo and conditioner that are free of sulfates and other harsh chemicals. Sulfates are known to be very drying to the scalp and hair, so it is important to avoid them if you want to keep your scalp healthy. At EarthTurns, we offer a variety of natural shampoos and conditioners that are free of sulfates and other harsh chemicals.
By following these simple tips, you can help keep your scalp healthy and your hair looking its best!