You may have wondered why it is necessary for you to spend more money on getting a face cream/ moisturizer for the day and one for the evening. We have decided to break down why these two different creams exist and the benefits of each skin cream.
Why Use Day Cream?
During some point in your day, your skin will be exposed to UV rays, pollution, and environmental aggressors, which can damage skin that is not protected. Day creams are designed to protect us from these environmental influences that seek to harm our skin. Good quality day creams will also be lightweight, easily absorbed and non-greasy so that they can be worn underneath your makeup.
The Benefits of Day Cream
- Hydrates the skin for a refreshed look
- Protects the skin from the sun and other environmental influences
- Has active ingredients such as anti-aging properties or dark spot treatments
Why Use Night Cream?
Applying a night cream before you slip off to dream land is recommended by dermatologists as it helps our skin repair and regenerate itself. Night creams are typically thicker products and tend to have high concentrations of anti-aging ingredients. As UV damage is not a problem at night, night creams don’t contain any SPF but rather seek to nourish the skin after a long day of being exposed to nature’s elements.
The Benefits of Night Cream
- Contain ingredients that support natural cell regeneration processes
- At night your skin becomes more receptive to products, since there is no harsh environmental factors, therefore night creams are normally packed with active ingredients and nutrients that leaves you with soft, supple skin.
We recommend you check what benefits your current moisturizers are providing your skin and change your product if it is not catering to your skin’s needs. Your daily moisturizer should always have SPF benefits or you should apply a separate SPF after your moisturizer. This is a step that should not be skipped in your morning skincare routine.
At night, the most important part of your skincare routine is to remove your makeup. Then, apply a nutrient rich cream to your face to allow your skin to repair and be ready for the new day.
At Natural Skincare products, we have a great range of products that will keep you skin protected, hydrated and take care of wrinkles and fine lines.